Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A white bird, but not my pelican!

Swung by East Fork this afternoon to see if anything new had showed up and hoping for a or the American White Pelican that was there a couple days ago.  I didn't find the pelican, but I did see another nice white bird.  Another birder was taking pictures of something on the beach when I got there.  I scanned the gull flock and noticed it was a Cattle Egret.  It was just hanging out.


Cattle Egret


I like this next photo, it looks cool with the Ring-billed Gull coming in for a landing behind the egret.

Cattle Egret

It just stayed and preened.  Until...

Cattle Egret


A guy with a kid decided to chase the birds making odd bird sounds.  The bird flew, but returned to the beach afterwards.

Cattle Egret

Cattle Egret

Not the pelican I wanted to see, but still a nice looking bird!

3 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful bird to see! Nice find and nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! Way to come away with some solid shots too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post and great pictures! Surprised the bird came back after being chased away.

    ReplyDelete