Saturday, August 14, 2010

My search for a Black-bellied Whistling Duck (NOT)

With the recent reports of Black-bellied Whistling Ducks being seen around the Eastern U.S. and the one up on Lake Erie, I decided to go out and check some local ponds that no one would think to check. I struck out on a BBWD of course, but did find my first of the year Pied-billed Grebe I think. Yes, my first for the year, as I cannot remember seeing ANY so far this year. They just haven't been around. Where are they all???


Pied-billed Grebe & Canada Goose

Pied-billed Grebe and Canada Goose

Also, I found a Green Heron. Not a place one would expect such birds, but I have found some good birds in this pond over the years. (It is that little pond that is under the word "Eastg" and above "Clepper" on the right side of the map)


I am planning on going back out and checking some more spots that I think might be hiding something good tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment